Welcome Medi-Cal Members!

Nivano Physicians proudly services Medi-Cal members in 9 counties in Northern California including Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yuba through Anthem Blue Cross, Molina, and Aetna.

Find Out if You Qualify for Medi-Cal

Medi-Cal programs provide no-cost or low-cost health insurance for adults who are aged (65 years or older), blind, disabled, pregnant, or in a long-term facility; for children who are under 21 years of age; or for families with children including those who receive CalWORKs.

In 2014, eligibility for Medi-Cal was expanded to include people who are non-disabled, non-elderly and qualifying adults aged 19-64 with income levels at or below 138% the Federal Poverty Level.

Fill out the application for Medi-Cal Insurance today.

There are several easy ways to apply:

  • Online at:

  • Over the phone at through the Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance: (916) 874-3100 or (209) 744-0499

  • Access to Care – Ensures that everyone who needs an appointment can get one within a reasonable timeframe and that no one is being left out.

2700 Fulton Ave. Sacramento,
CA 95821


10013 Folsom Blvd Rancho Cordova
CA 95827


1725 28th St Sacramento,
CA 95816


3960 Research Dr. Sacramento,
CA 95838


5747 Watt Ave. North Highlands,
CA 95660


2450 Florin Road Sacramento,
CA 95822


210 North Lincoln Way Galt,
CA 95632


Other County Offices to Apply for Health Coverage:

Butte County

Department of Employment and Social Services
78 Table Mountain Blvd.
Oroville,CA 95965

(877) 410-8803

Butte County Department of Employment and Social Services

Colusa County

Department of Social Services 251 East Webster Street
Colusa, CA 95932

(530) 458-0250

Colusa Department of Social Services

El Dorado County

Department of Social Services 3057 Briw Road, Suite A
Placerville, CA 95667-1637

(530) 642-7300 Placerville Office
(530) 573-3200 South Lake Tahoe Office

El Dorado Department of Social Services

Glenn County

Health & Human Services Agency P.O. Box 611, 420 East Laurel Street
Willows, CA 95988-0611

(530) 934-6514

Glenn Health and Human Services Agency

Nevada County

Health and Human Services Agency 950 Maidu Avenue, P.O. Box 1210
Nevada City, CA 95959

(530) 265-1340
(888) 809-1340 Toll Free

Nevada Health and Human Services Agency

Placer County

Health and Human Services

Auburn Office:

11542 B. Ave Auburn, CA 95603

Rocklin Office:

1000 Sunset Blvd. Suite 220 Rocklin, CA 95765

North Tahoe Office:

5225 North Lake Blvd. Carnelian Bay, CA 96140

(888) 385-5160 Toll Free
(916) 784-6000 If you are outside the County

Placer Health and Human Services

Sacramento County

Department of Human Assistance 1725 28th Street
Sacramento, 95816-9915

(916) 874-3100
(209) 744-0499

Sacramento Human Assistance

Sierra County

Social Services 202 Front Street, P.O. Box 1019
Loyalton, CA 96118

(530) 993-6721


(530) 289-3711

Sierra Social Services

Sutter County

Department of Human Services Welfare Social Services Division 539 Garden Highway, P.O. Box 1535,
Yuba City, CA 95991

(877) 652-0735

Sutter Human Services

Yuba County

Health and Human Services Department 5730 Packard Avenue, Suite 100, P.O. Box 2320 Marysville,
CA 95901

(877) 652-0739

Yuba Health and Human Services

For a full list of all county offices, visit:

For information about other assistance programs you may qualify for go to:

How Do I Become a Nivano Member?

If you would like to select Nivano Physicians as your Medical Group, follow the simple steps below:

Step 1: Enroll in a Contracted Health Plan

In order to become a member of NIvano, you must first be enrolled with one of our contracted health plans. If you are not already part of Aetna, Anthem, or Molina, contact health care options today at 1-800-430-4263 (TTY 1-800-430-7077) to switch over or go to

Step 2: Select an Nivano Physicians' Primary care Provider (PCP).

Once assigned to a Health Plan you simply call them and sign up for a primary care provider. If you need help finding a provider click here. If you are currently enrolled in one of our contracted health plans, the next step will be to choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) within Nivano's network of providers. Currently, there are many PCPs to choose from; whom are all conveniently located throughout Northern California. Adults may choose a provider from Internal Medicine or Family/General Practice as their PCP. Children may choose a provider from Family/General Practice or Pediatrics as their PCP. You may change your current primary care physician by contacting your health plan's customer service department.
Anthem- 1-866-755-2680
Molina- (800) 898-9892

Step 3: Choosing Nivano Physicians as your Medical Group

Once the Steps 1 and 2 are done, you are ready to select Nivano Physicians as your Medical Group. Your health plan's customer service department will be able to assist you with selecting a Medical Group.

How Do I Switch Primary Care Providers?

Please click here to change your Primary Care Provider.

How Do I Switch My IPA to Nivano but Keep my Primary Care Provider?

Call your health plan today to request the change to be under Nivano Physicians.


Call: (866) 755-2680


Call:(855) 772-9076


Call: (800) 898-9892

Redetermination Forms:

Redetermination dates are the dates that your Medi-Cal coverage will end. Please note, without filling out the forms, you will lose coverage. It is very important to take care of this on time. To renew your Medi-Cal plan, please see the below forms. You can also call us to help you with the forms at 1-844-889-2273.



If you have passed your redetermination due date, please complete the new enrollment form.

Evidence of Coverage (handbook)

The below is the links to your Health Plan evidence of coverage (handbook):


* Please note that Nivano Physicians is also know as Sierra Nevada Medical Associates or Northern California Physicians Medical Group with Anthem Medi-Cal.*

Contact Us

Newsletter Subscription